Free mediation services are available in English and Spanish.
Mediation is an opportunity to settle your case before you file a claim, after you file or on the day of trial. A trained mediator meets with both parties, helping to achieve a resolution that is agreeable to both parties.
Why Try Mediation?
- Free: There is no cost to residents or businesses in Stanislaus County.
- Fast: Mediation can be scheduled within a few days and the results are immediate. If the Court hears your case, you may not receive a decision from the Court for 90 days.
- Private: Everything said in mediation is confidential.
- Fair: The mediator does not take sides or tell you what to do.
- Informal: You don’t have to go through a court hearing.
Watch the following videos on Small Claims Mediation:
Resolving Your Small Claims Case in the California Courts
(A 5-part video series giving information about the options for resolving your Small Claims Case.)
Mediation for Resolving Housing Issues
The Court encourages people to take advantage of the free mediation services being offered at the Stanislaus County Mediation Center by calling (209) 236-1577 or clicking on the button below to visit their web site for further information.
Stanislaus County Mediation Center
Online Mediation Orientation
Click on the topics below to more information on Mediation Orientation Programs.
Online Mediation Orientation in Spanish
Custodia de los hijos Recomendando Consejería (CCRC) Programa de Orientación