Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


a fine reduction for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool.


Juvenile Dependency

Dependency matters are for children who have been abandoned, abused or neglected by someone or who have parents that are unable or unwilling to care for the child. This type of case could result in foster care, a guardianship being established or the child being adopted by a caring family.

Some cases can involve a Court Appointed Child Advocate. CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to watch over and advocate for abused and neglected children, to make sure they do not get lost in the overburdened legal and social service system or languish in inappropriate group or foster homes. Volunteers stay with each case until it is closed and the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. For many abused children, their CASA volunteer will be the one constant adult presence in their lives.

For information visit:

Hearings and Filing Information

Juvenile Court hearings and records are confidential, and may only be attended by those persons who are parties, social workers, attorneys or others who have an official role in the case.   Information regarding Juvenile Dependency matters cannot be given over the phone.  Juvenile Dependency matters are heard in Department 18, 2215 Blue Gum Avenue, Modesto, CA.

Filings for Dependency matters are required to be electronically filed, unless the filing party is acting as their own attorney “in propria persona”, or the filing is an adoption, an appeal, or a JV-570 Petition for Access to Juvenile Case File.

Please note - a party to the case may visit the clerk’s office for copies of records or responses to questions regarding hearing dates, however, official valid identification must be provided for access to any information, due to the confidentiality of Juvenile Court records. 

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.