Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Case Research Process

Copy Requests

Most inactive cases are either on microfilm, microfiche, have been imaged or could be stored at off-site locations. Those cases stored off-site may take several days to retrieve. In those instances, you can complete a Research Request form and you will be contacted when the record is available.


Per page: $0.50
Certification (per document: $40.00
Family Law Dissolution Judgments: $15.00
Searching records or files: $15.00
If file is housed at an off-site location: $18.00 fee.

For copy requests, you must provide:

  • The case number
  • Full names of plaintiffs or defendants
  • Year filed
  • If you do not know your case number, you can search for a case number using the Case Index Lookup. (1995 - Current)

Large copy requests (100+ pages)

  • Must be paid in advance
  • A $50.00 deposit is required
  • The court will call when the copy request is ready for pick up.

When mailing a copy request, you must provide the following

  • A letter requesting what specific documents you would like copied
  • Case number and case name
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage for returning your copies
  • A check or money order payable to Stanislaus County Superior Court which must include the $15.00 search fee plus copy request fees

If your copy request fees are unknown, you can write a check, leaving the amount blank and indicate “not to exceed” $5.00, $10.00 etc., depending on the anticipated costs.

Viewing Civil Case Records

Limited information is available on our case index look up. If you would like to view a file you can visit our office in person.

  • Picture ID is required to view files
  • Confidential cases can be viewed only by specific parties and only if picture ID is provided

*Please visit the Juvenile Division FAQs for information about Juvenile Records.

Was this helpful?