Case Research Process
Most inactive cases are either on microfilm, microfiche, have been imaged or could be stored at off-site locations. Those cases stored off-site may take several days to retrieve. In those instances, you can complete a Research Request form and you will be contacted when the record is available.
Per page: $0.50
Certification (per document: $40.00
Family Law Dissolution Judgments: $15.00
Searching records or files: $15.00
If file is housed at an off-site location: $18.00 fee.
For copy requests, you must provide:
- The case number
- Full names of plaintiffs or defendants
- Year filed
- If you do not know your case number, you can search for a case number using the Case Index Lookup. (1995 - Current)
Large copy requests (100+ pages)
- Must be paid in advance
- A $50.00 deposit is required
- The court will call when the copy request is ready for pick up.
When mailing a copy request, you must provide the following
- A letter requesting what specific documents you would like copied
- Case number and case name
- A self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage for returning your copies
- A check or money order payable to Stanislaus County Superior Court which must include the $15.00 search fee plus copy request fees
If your copy request fees are unknown, you can write a check, leaving the amount blank and indicate “not to exceed” $5.00, $10.00 etc., depending on the anticipated costs.
Viewing Civil Case Records
Limited information is available on our case index look up. If you would like to view a file you can visit our office in person.
- Picture ID is required to view files
- Confidential cases can be viewed only by specific parties and only if picture ID is provided
*Please visit the Juvenile Division FAQs for information about Juvenile Records.