Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Civil Division Matters

The Superior Court of California, County of Stanislaus Civil Division handles civil, probate estates and trusts, civil harassments, and name changes. Small Claims and Unlawful Detainer matters are handled in our Turlock location.

Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)

An Online Dispute Resolution Program (ODR) is now available for litigants in Limited Civil Collections Cases.  As of January 1, 2023, the plaintiff is required to register for ODR within five (5) calendar days of Defendant's first appearance in the case and the defendant must register within five (5) days of filing their response to the Plaintiff's Summons and Complaint.  Parties in cases involving more than one plaintiff or defendant are not required to register. 

Click the link below for more information about and/or to register for ODR.

Online Dispute Resolution Registration


Documents placed in the Drop Box and received stamped after 4:00 p.m. will be filemarked the following day and documents stamped up to and including 4:00 p.m. will be filed as of the date received and stamped. See Document Guidelines for filing in the Drop Box.


The statewide fee schedule is posted on the California Courts website at:


Limited: Total amount in controversy is $25,000 or less.
Unlimited: Total amount in controversy is over $25,000.

Legal Advice

State law prohibits Court staff from providing legal advice, including which forms to use or how to complete the forms.

If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney or conduct your own legal research. The Stanislaus County Law Library is located at 1101 13th Street, Modesto, California. You can also visit the Self-Help Center at the California Courts website at

The information posted on this website is not intended to constitute legal advice or to take the place of the assistance of competent legal counsel. You should speak to an attorney of your choice for specific information about the facts of your case and your rights.

Was this helpful?